E.nergy | Experience the unmatchable energy that is Brazil
X.change | Share and learn ideas about dance and life in intercultural exchange
P.ersonal connections | Introduce ourselves to the local Rio Zouk Community
E.volution | Jumpstart your dance or jump to the next level
R.elationship | Evolve our technical & interpersonal skills
I.ntegration | Dance, sleep, eat and speak Brazil for 30 days straight
E.xpression | Build a solid foundation for your personal dance expression
N.ext level | Go to that next level with full on immersion
C.ulture | Enjoy the upbeat culture of the Brazilian Carioca, Rio’s locals
E.ase | Travel and train with ease since all the little details are taken care of
Hours of Training
Of the World's Best Dance Schools
Be part of a “Once in a lifetime experience” in this exclusive program.
“If you want to learn a dance you need to understand the BODY of the people. why they hold and move their BODY that way is a reflection of their CULTURE. To know the culture is to know the Dance.”
“To dance is to live, to live well we must balance reason and emotion, to be a great dancer is to express emotion through all of the techniques that you use”
HIGHLIGHTS OF OUR 72 HOUR COURSE
• 22 Hr. Social dance Zouk training with Professors of Nucleo de Dança Renata Peçanha,
• 22 Hr. Social dance training with Professors of Centro de Dança Alex de Carvalho.
• 24 Hr. Choreography training, Perform a routine created by Renata Pecanha & Jorge Perez.
• 30 Hr. of Portuguese language immersion with a Professor of Portuguese language.
• 2 hours Capoeira training with Certified Capoeira instructor!
• A Small intimate “zouk class” experience with only 10 leaders / 10 followers per group.
• Comfortable, Safe, Clean accommodations in a large home near the beach in Copacabana.
• Enjoy a safer Rio Zouk Nightlife experience with our party recommendations.
• Bi-lingual staff available to help if you need translations during your stay.
• Learn Level 1 Portuguese daily with the opportunity to practice everyday while you explore the city of Rio!
• Train & Perform a Choreography with our international team at Renata’s “Zouk in Rio” festival!
• Ipanema Beach trips and Caipirinhas in the sun shine on Sundays!
• Planned Trips on Saturdays to Visit the sights of Rio: “Cristo Redentor”, “Pão de Açúcar”.
• Experience the Dance, Language & Culture of the Carioca first hand as a part of the local community.!
Learn with the world’s best.
Queen of Zouk
Gabi de Carvalho
Ready to sign up?
Please submit a Course Application before purchasing your tickets:
Taste the Culture, Beautifully Served
THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE SAFEST WAY TO HAVE THIS many experiences in Rio in one month.
This experience is built upon solid contacts that speak English, a reliable infrastructure and many established members of our community who are looking out for you during your journey. This, backed up by years of cross cultural exchange & community building within our program, allow us to maintain an authentic cultural experience. Because of this reliable infrastructure our community has built, we can cater to your needs and make sure you experience the Rio Zouk Festival to its fullest, all with peace of mind that you are taking care of yourself and safety.
Our Casa in Copacabana
Checkout our beautiful 6 bedroom penthouse accommodations in Copacabana where we will stay with our international tribe of dancers! This home is in a superb location, 1 block from the famous Copacabana Beach and just a few blocks from the studio where we will train in the heart of the southern zone, and the safest location in all of Rio! It’s a huge space with plenty of room for us to all enjoy time together and to retreat for private time.
Double-Triple occupancy per room, in some cases 2 students may share a queen size bed. (We pair you with the most compatible roommate)
Large kitchen/living room, dining room
AC in all bedrooms, however we do not usually use them at all
High-speed WiFi internet included
2-3 blocks (5 min) walk to sandy Copacabana beach
7 blocks (15 min) walk to dance studio also located in Copacabana
Shops around every corner everywhere you look
Many many restaurants to choose from for dinners out and about
Bustling Copacabana culture and life right outside the door!
Private accommodations available for a additional fee * see ticketing options
International performance opportunity at “Zouk in Rio” Festival
Personalized Choreography (our groups choreography creation and training will be done by the Queen herself Renata Pecanha, along with Jorge Peres.
Created just for us with our group’s growth and enjoyment as the goal.
Get a peek inside the mind of Brazil’s top Choreographers
Perform on stage in Brazil trained by professionals zouk in Brazil
See performance art in a new light rarely taught outside of Rio.
Reach a new level of comfort, skill & expression in dance performance training.
This performance opportunity is completely optional and voluntary.
ENJOY RIO DE JANEIRO with our extracurricular
(For an extra, but low, cost) Visit some of Rio de Janeiro’s most famous attractions as we set out to see the city each Saturday! Some of the most amazing sites in the world exist in this city!
It is truly an enchanting place to visit for any length of time!
Scheduled activities include:
Pão de Açucar
Lapa and Rio Scenarium
Make sure you fill out an application before you buy your ticket.
We’re excited to get to know you and embark on this adventure of a lifetime!
Next, buy your tickets through our Eventbrite portal 🙂
Let us know if you have any questions.
It’s getting real!
Make sure you have a valid passport (valid at least until Jan. 22, 2023) and research your country’s visa requirements.
Brazil currently has visa-free entry to any residents of the U.S., Canada, Australia, and Japan.
Book your flight and let us know when you arrive, so we can prepare your new home away from home – a penthouse apartment overlooking Copacabana beach. Get excited, life will never be the same! International travel & cultural exchange changes lives.
What’s included in the price and what’s not…
INCLUDED IN PRICE
• Full 31 day stay in penthouse apartment “SHARED” safe accommodations near the beach in Copacabana.
• Healthy-ish Brazilian breakfast 5 day a week. (Variety of local fruits, avocado, eggs, bread, cheese, meats, coffee & juices)
• Brazilian lunch is made daily in-house Monday – Friday for 4 weeks and delivered to the studio for us right before our language classes begin.
• 72 hrs. Zouk training classes all in one place in English just for our team. (We offer the only way to get classes in English in Brazil typically valued at 2880.00 USD.)
• 30 hrs. Portuguese language classes taught by a certified language professor.
• Performance opportunities that you can not buy with any amount of money!
• Full laundry service once weekly, done in house for your comfort.
• House cleaning services provided once weekly by our staff.
• Beachside Capoeira Workshop and Roda with Mestra Thaiane Olivera.
OTHER EXPENSES NOT INCLUDED IN TICKET PRICE
- Private lessons
- Weekend / Activities
- Cultural events
- Renata’s Zouk in Rio Festival ** (We get a discount!)
- Jaime Aroixa’s teacher training course (which happens the week after the festival).
- Medical insurance **
Find Your Balance.
Set Your Goals.
Take A Challenge.
“If you want to learn a dance you need to understand the BODY of the people. why they hold & move their BODY that way is a reflection of their CULTURE. To know the culture is to know the Dance.”
NEW ANNOUNCEMENT FOR 2022
Student Choice Awards
This year we are introducing our “Student Choice awards”. The top three students participating in our course will be awarded amazing prizes. The first prize will be a additional 1-2 month Living/Training opportunity in Brazil as an official member of Renata Pecanha’s Dance Company in Lapa (a “Bolsista” or “Scholarship student”) for the one – two months directly after the immersion course and have the privilege of being mentored by the Queen of Zouk, and her dance company of professionals in many styles of Brazilian dance including Zouk. Your accommodations will be included within the local dance community strengthening your immersion into the dance, language, culture, and community of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
*Student choice awards go to the students with the most votes from the artists of the course.